Monday, 12 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Brean Down 

It really seems as if 2014 has gone by in a flash. It was a particularly busy time for us, with the book-writing process and busy work schedule taking over somewhat. We had a lovely Christmas with a houseful of family, doing nothing but chatting, cooking and eating . I don't run a particularly tight ship, it has to be said, so all the festive preparations took place in a slightly haphazard fashion. This is not a precision-timed-turkey kind of household - ours was left in the oven whilst we went on an impromptu walk on Christmas day and was served (none the worse for its abandonment) a couple of hours later than planned on our return, with the extended family crammed around our dining table on a variety of ad-hoc seating. 

As a last hurrah before the start of the new school term, we set off to Brean Down last week for a perfect walk full of sky and sea, on a gloriously sunny day. It proved an ideal walk for the smallest one too, muddy in places but not too demanding for little legs, though I imagine it would have been quite bracing had it not been such very still day.

Brean Down Brean Down

We saw in the new year in Dorset with my husband's family, and happened upon the annual spectacle of the Lyme lunge on new year's day, which saw a couple of hundred hardy souls braving the freezing waters in fancy dress. Apparently I was the only one in our party of eight who was thinking 'I really wish I had my bathers and a towel,' as my suggestion that we should take part next year was met with ridicule. It's going on the new year's resolution list anyway, and I've a whole twelve months to bribe persuade the rest of the family to join me.

With the husband and children back in school this week, I have grand plans to restore a bit of order to the house, but am also keen to start on some new stitching projects. January (what's left of it) is going to be a month of finishing off long-standing projects and clearing the decks in the study-o before I launch into anything new. Well, that's the plan, anyway, although I am not especially known for the strength of my resolve ...




2 comments:

  1. happy new year Helen, may it be filled with finishing projects and starting new ones x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - what a beautiful place! Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...