Sunday, 30 March 2014

Spring forward

I like a bit of rain, me - after all, hailing from the South Wales valleys, I am semi-amphibian. I must admit, though, that this Winter has been a bit of a long (and wet) haul. But now, at the tail end of March, it feels like Spring has finally sprung, the clocks have gone forward, the sun has been shining, and we've blown away the cobwebs in the great outdoors.

Untitled
The winks taking in the blossom on our way out to lunch today

It's mother's day today, and the google doodle seems especially apposite as we've been out cycling the past two weekends.


It's been so lovely to get out on two wheels again. Last weekend saw us cycling along the Wales coast path through the Newport wetlands. Next weekend, we hope to try the Monmouthshire and Brecon canal. Hopefully sticking to the towpath rather than the waterway, obviously.

Untitled
Lighthouse in the distance at the Newport wetlands
 
Hope you have been enjoying a bit of Springtime sunshine too!

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! It's so lovely to have Spring here :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live only 25mins drive from the Newport Wetlands but I'm ashamed to say I can't remember ever visiting there. My parents are keen bird watchers and go there often.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh cycling! It's not QUITE been warm enough here yet, but it will be. It *will* be...

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...