Saturday, 23 June 2012

It takes three months to make a tea cosy

Still struggling with the whole time issue here. Whole days seem to disappear with very little to show for them. Of course homework is done, children are fed and clothed, walked to school and back and delivered to their many clubs and lessons after school. In fact, we have somehow contrived to have an activity for the girl or the boy every night of the week. When the littlest is of school age, I'll have to break it to her that there will be no clubs for her as I have too many children. Either that, or we'll streamline the clubs - the boy might just have to go to brownies with the two girls.

So that's why it took me no less than three months to get from this:

work in progress - tea cosies


to this, just listed in the shop:

Appliqued slogan tea cosy


Speedy, huh? And let's not count the couple of years ago that I probably first sketched my tea cosy masterplans in my sketchbook. Taking over the world, one tea cosy at a time.



14 comments:

  1. that's gorgeous! Well worth the wait, I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte! Give me a year and I'll have made a couple more ;).

      Delete
  2. It's probably just because a cup of tea is so relaxing. That's what took so long :)
    Either way--it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany. You're probably right, too many relaxing tea breaks, not enough grafting!

      Delete
  3. You got them to school? That is an achievement! Aim low with little things like keeping them fed and dressed! The rest is a bonus.....oh and a strict ration of 2 after school activities for kids is the only way to keep sane!
    Great design, love the zingy green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Some mornings, getting them to school definitely feels like an achievement! Skin of our teeth some days! And thank you, Joanna.

      Delete
  4. Worth the wait :D

    You could always send the girls to Scouts with the boy, the Scouts take both these days ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie. My boy really really wanted to join Rainbows when my eldest started, but sadly it doesn't work the other way.

      Delete
  5. Good things just can not be rushed!

    My husband is a Beaver leader and they have quite a few girls now. I found as my eldest got a bit older she didn't want to do dancing/swimming/Guides anymore which was handy as it meant we werent dashing about as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure we'll have some changes along the way. For now though, I'm happy they're keen to do brownies and beavers and all the other stuff, so I can't really complain! Good on your husband, it's a lovely thing to do giving up your spare time like that.

      Delete
  6. Well, it was worth the wait. It's a great design! I do find that life gets in the way of crafting, damn you day job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. Yes, the craft/life balance is definitely weighted in favour of the chores side at the moment! I'm looking forward to the Summer holidays when we have less deadlines looming!

      Delete
  7. Worth it though - it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at Helen[at]angharadhandmade[dot]co[dot]uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...